This is a blog article about how dates should not be served after dinner, as they act as a dessert and are heavier and more caloric than the main meal.
History of Dates
Dates have been around for centuries and are used in a variety of dishes! They add sweetness and a touch of bitterness to various dishes. Dates are such a versatile ingredient that they can be used as part of any dessert or snack. Here are some fun and delicious dates recipes to try:
-Date Cake: Combine all ingredients for cake recipe and bake as directed. allow to cool completely before frosting. Top with Dates, Cashews, Coconut, Tahini Glaze and Chocolate Chips or Bits.
-Date Nut Brownies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan. In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients until well blended. Pour batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
-Date Soft Muffins: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except muffin liners. Mix well until combined. Spoon mixture into the prepared tin cups, filling each about three quarters full. Bake for 25 minutes
The Different Types of Dates
Dates can add a sweet and tangy flavor to any dish, whether it’s breakfast or dessert. Here are the different types of dates you’ll want to try after dinner.
Top Dishes to Make and Desserts to Prep
If you’re looking for a perfect way to end dinner – and really demonstrate your culinary skills – consider whipping up a dessert. Whether you’re in the mood for something sweet or savory, these are some of our top picks:
1. Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting: This fluffy frosting is the perfect complement to rich chocolate cake.
2. Maple Pecan Pie: Our favorite pie contains no added sugar, making it a great option if you’re watching your weight. Add a dollop of whipped cream to top it off and you have a decadent dessert that will satisfy any sweet tooth!
3. Pumpkin Pie: Pumpkin pie is an autumn favorite that’ll warm your heart – and tummy – up on cold winter days. Be sure to enjoy it with a scoop of ice cream on top!
4. Brownie Sundae: Who can resist a classic brownie sundae topped with creamy ice cream? We know we couldn’t! Just be sure to save room for dessert – this dish is definitely scrumptious!
5. Rice Pudding: For a uniquely Indian flavor, try rice pudding in place of traditional pudding flavors like chocolate or vanilla. Add your choice
If you’re looking for a sweet ending to your dinner date, look no further than these delicious desserts. Whether you’re in the mood for something classic like cake or something more adventurous like ice cream, there’s a dessert to fit your taste. And if you’re feeling extra lazy, some of these desserts can be made ahead and just set out when everyone is ready to finally call it a night.
1. Cheesecake Brownies with Cookie Crust
Brownies are always a crowd-pleaser, but cheesecake brownies take them up a notch by combining two of your favorite desserts into one bite-sized delicacy. The cheesecake flavor is subtle but perfect and the cookie crust makes these brownies extra soft and delicate.
2. Strawberry Shortcake Casserole
This casserole is as sumptuous as it is simple. A layer of pound cake separates a creamy strawberry filling from a crispy yet softly sweetcrust. Legendary comfort food turned into an easy weeknight dish – what more could you ask for?
3. Salted Caramel Pudding Cake with Frangelico Cream Cheese Frosting
This cake screams summertime! layers of fluffy cake are topped with go