In the past, abortion could only be achieved surgically. This was a meticulous process. Surgery could also seem scary to many women. This is the reason why a change was necessary. Intensive research and studies done in the medical realm has resulted in the MTP Kit. This kit can be used to terminate pregnancy up to 8 weeks gestation. The process is simple and can be achieved non-surgically. There are things you need to know about the MTP Kit in order to use it in a safe manner without causing any harm to the user. This is the reason why we have shared information about the MTP Kit to the users.
Medicines Included in the MTP Kit
The MTP Kit is a medicine kit to be used to terminate pregnancy up to 8 weeks gestation. The MTP Kit includes 1 tablet of Mifepristone 200mg and 4 tablets of Misoprostol 200mg. The medicine kit should not be used for terminating pregnancy longer than 8 weeks. It should also not be used for terminating ectopic pregnancy.
The Right Way to Use the MTP Kit
The Mifepristone medicine needs to be administered orally in the supervision of the doctor first. After 24-48 hours of using the Mifepristone medicine, the 4 tablets of Misoprostol 200mg medicine needs to be administered vaginally. This can be done either at home or with the doctor’s supervision.
Possible Side Effects of the MTP Kit
Any good doctor will make you aware of the possible side effects of the MTP Kit before you use it. There could be many different side effects of the MTP Kit and these could vary from one user to another. Here we have listed a few of the prominent side effects:
- The MTP Kit is bound to cause heavy vaginal bleeding in the first few days. It may also cause light vaginal bleeding and spotting for up to two weeks.
- Some women experience fatigue, tiredness and weakness after the use of the MTP Kit.
- Some women also experience dizziness, fever and chills after using the MTP Kit.
- In some women, the use of the MTP Kit may also cause certain digestive health symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and indigestion.
It is best to consult with your doctor about the side effects that you experience. He will be able to guide you about the right way to deal with these effects.
Warnings Related to the Use of MTP Kit
MTP Kit also comes with its risks along with benefits. Here are some warnings for the users of the MTP Kit:
- Do not use the MTP Kit after its expiry date as the effect may not be the same.
- The MTP Kit should not be used by women who are allergic to birth control pills.
- The MTP Kit may not be suitable for women who are allergic to certain prostaglandins.
- The MTP Kit should be stored in a cool and dry place away from the reach of children.
- A follow up is necessary to confirm the abortion even while using the MTP Kit.